Magenta - Sex Worker Support Project
Magenta and SWOPWA provide services to support and promote the health and safety of people involved in the sex industry.
- Commitment - To the provision of a non-judgemental and excellent service
- Rights - Individual advocacy to access social and legal equity
- Education - Accessible up to date and accurate information to assist in informed decision making
- Peer Support - An essential component to service provision
- Harm Reduction - Promoting safe practices to increase individual and community wellbeing
- Capacity building - To enable members of the community to work effectively and appropriately
- Respect - Underpins all our interactions with our clients
Magenta’s hours of operation are:
Tuesday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm. For more details contact us on (08) 9328 1387
SWOPWA – Street Worker Outreach Project WA
The SWOPWA project provides services to support and promote the health and safety of people involved in street based sex work.
- Clinical services for sex workers
- Showering facilities available to SWOPWA clients, Tues-Fri, 9am-4pm
- Outreach services to street based sex workers
- Crisis assistance and referral
- Ugly Mug reports and distribution of Ugly Mug List
- Free harm reduction supplies of safe sex equipment and safer injecting equipment
- Harm reduction information
- Support and assistance negotiating with other community agencies such as Police, Department of Justice, Centrelink, etc.
- Support and information for exiting the sex industry
SWOPWA operates Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, as well as Saturday evenings for more details contact us on (08) 9328 1387 or call the SWOPWA mobile 0403 188 540