Welcome to Magenta and SWOPWA
Sex worker support projects for Western Australia.
Magenta/SWOPWA are on Facebook!
Magenta provides outreach and in-house services to sex workers in commercial sexual services and small owner operated businesses.
Current Job Vacancy
Click here for Job Pack
Call to All Sex Workers for Contributions for Our Upcoming Newsletter. The Theme this time is ‘Family’ Please send in your contribution via post to PO Box 8054, PBC WA 6849 or forward it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20th 2013 for this edition.
Magenta is in the process of getting together our first newsletter for 2013. The theme will be around ‘Family’ and we would love female, male, trans and intersex sex workers to consider contributing a story / anecdote / drawing / photo or anything else to include in this edition. Some suggestions for topics include:
- Coming out
- Not coming out
- Sex Work and the Sex Work Community
- Sex Work and Partners
- Sex Work and not having a partner
- Seperation of work and personal life
- Being an ‘out’ sex worker / and having kids
- Not being an ‘out’ sex worker / and having kids
- Dealing with a secret life
- Anything else you think relevant and interesting
- to promote the health and safety of sex workers through health promotion, community education; and
- to provide high quality services that respond to the diverse and changing needs of people associated with the sex industry.
Magenta offers support, health services, education and information to female, male and transgender workers in the sex industry.
We provide confidential and sex worker friendly services and respect the needs of those in the sex industry.
SWOPWA – Street Worker Outreach Project WA
SWOPWA services are for street based sex workers only. Educators are out on the streets Wednesdays and Thursdays and every Friday and Saturday evening. Workers can also drop into the office between 9.30am and 4pm Tuesday to Friday and have a chat with an Educator.
Magenta and SWOPWA are programs of FPWA Sexual Health Services (formerly Family Planning). Magenta and SWOPWA are not part of the government, or affiliated with any businesses in the sex industry.